The netstorage interface allows you to access your netware file storage from
a web browser no matter where you are located without the installation
of any software.
It has been tested on Internet Explorer and FireFox.
April 2013: Added WebDav instructions for Android devices to technote 555. See technote 555. Webdav Navigator claims to work on Blackberry and Windows Phone too.
Feb. 2013: Added WebDav instructions for iOS device to technote 555. See technote 555
Oct. 2009: Access to NetStorage via WebDav is now available for Windows. See technote 555
15 Aug. 2005: The new version supports some additional features:
28 Feb. 2005: The new version supports some additional features:
- You can right click on a directory and choose download and it will download a zip archive of the directory.
- It has a "download and lock" menu option which locks the file on the server to prevent others from editing the file
and pops up an upload window to hopefully remind you that the file is locked and should be uploaded again to unlock it.
Note that newer browsers may block the popup so you will have to manually allow the popup through. Unless you are
worried about the risk of two people editing at the same time it is safer to just use the standard "Download" option.
- Logout is no longer duplicated under the File menu. Use the exit door icon at the top of the screen to logout.
- Supports purging and undeleting files through the netstorage interface. To see deleted files choose
Show deleted files from the View menu.
- Allows you to email a file through netstorage. You must enter an email server address(mail.uregina.ca) as the default
will not work. It is recommended that you download the file and send it via your normal email client.
- Newer browsers block the popup for file uploads. Usually at the top of the screen there will be a bar signifying
that a popup has been blocked. Clicking on this bar gives you the option to always allow popups from netstorage.cc.uregina.ca which will fix the problem.
- If you are logged into Novell and have the file open then the file cannot
be accessed from netstorage because it is locked. The only solution is to
remember to close the file at work before leaving if you are expecting to want to
access it from home using netstorage.
- Occasionally right clicking on a file and choosing download doesn't work.
You can still download the file by double clicking on it.
- Files greater than 2GB will error out shortly after starting. Use FILR instead, for files larger than 2GB.
- The Move and Copy options only allow you to move files between network volumes and therefore cannot be used
to copy a file to your harddrive. Use File | Download for viewing , to copy to your harddrive.
- We do not have an archive server so the archive menu just pops up a message telling you this.
Please call the IT Support Centre at 585-4685 if
you encounter any problems.